Learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver. It’s challenging, yet very rewarding.
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
PADI (Junior) Adventure Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive may enroll in a Rescue Diver course. You will also earn your Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) certification as well as the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty diver course at the same time.
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
You may be able to get college credit for the Rescue Diver course – ask your instructor.
You’ll use your basic scuba equipment and will need a pocket mask to practice in-water resuscitation. During exercises, you’ll work with an oxygen unit, floats, marker buoys and perhaps CPR mannequins. Your PADI Instructor will explain the equipment that you need and may suggest additional gear, such as your own first aid kit, which will be useful throughout your diving career.
This is not just a Rescue class, this is a full Program. At Sin City Scuba, we provide you with all of the tools to be an effective, confident Rescue Diver. Don't Gamble with your education, do it the right way - the Sin City Scuba way.
12 years or older
Adventure Diver/Junior Adventure Diver (or qualifying certification) with completed Underwater Navigation Dive; EFR Primary and Secondary Care training (or qualifying training) within 24 months. Note: The EFR Course is included in your Rescue Diver Program
- All Classroom Sessions
- Pool Sessions
- Lake Session with Instructors
- Rescue Diver eLearning
- PADI Limited Edition Project AWARE Rescue Diver Certification Card – Valid for LIFE!
- PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Certification Card
- Emergency First Response Primary & Secondary Care Certification Card – Valid for 24 months
That's 3 full certifications!!
- Scuba Gear rental: $50 one time fee for the entire course (BCD, Reg w/Computer, Tanks, Weights, Wetsuit)
- You are responsible for providing your own scuba quality personal gear. Mask, fins, snorkel, boots & clips. Snorkel gear will not work for this course. Browse the shop now to see what’s available.