Advance your scuba skills with the Sin City Advanced Open Water Course. This course is your next step after the Open Water Certification and will teach you how to dive deeper and more confidently.
Often described as the most fun course in scuba diving, the Advanced Open Water Diver course will build on your foundational knowledge of scuba diving and teach you how to be an even more confident and competent diver. Through different Adventure Dives, you will try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This is the perfect course for Open Water divers who are looking to take their diving to the next level. What makes our Advanced Open Water course unique is the addition of the Dive Against Debris certification. This certification gives you the knowledge and skills to participate in the collection and data logging during underwater clean ups, which is an exciting way to use to scuba certification for a good cause!
Upon completion, you will receive the Adventure, Advanced Open Water and Dive against Debris certifications. To enroll in this course, you must be an Open Water Diver (or Junior Open Water Diver) and at least 12 years old.
Our Advanced Open Water Diver course consists of 5 dives in which you will learn the knowledge and skills of specific scuba specialties:
- Deep Diver
- Search & Recovery
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Dive Against Debris
If you are interested, you may be able to get college credit for this course.
Beyond using basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a compass and dive knife or dive tool. You’ll also use specialized gear depending on the Adventure Dives you do. Your PADI Instructor will explain the equipment that you need and may suggest additional gear, such as dive light for night diving or lift bag for search and recovery diving.
Prerequisites & Requirements
12 years or older
Open Water Diver/Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Materials
- Classroom Session
- 2 fun days of diving with 5 totals dives
- Advanced Open Water Diver Certification
- Dive Against Debris Certification
- PADI Limited Edition Project AWARE Adventure Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver & Dive Against Debris Diver Certification Card – Valid for LIFE!
Earn 3 Certifications in one course!
What’s not included in this course?
- Scuba Gear rental: $60 one time fee for the entire course (BCD, Reg w/Computer, Tanks, Weights, Wetsuit)
- You are responsible for providing your own scuba quality personal gear. Mask, fins, snorkel, boots & clips. Snorkel gear will not work for this course. Browse the shop now to see what’s available.