Get scuba certified the right way with us – Sin City Scuba.
From eLearning all the way to the open water, we will help you become a PADI certified Open Water Diver while teaching you how to have a positive effect for the ocean every time you dive.
Sin City’s premium entry level scuba course! This course covers the basic principles and skills of scuba diving as well as ways you can have a positive impact on the environment every time you dive. At Sin City Scuba, we believe that divers have the unique opportunity to become stewards for the ocean planet, which is why the Sin City Eco-Diver course also includes a Project AWARE Specialty certification. The addition of this specialty teaches you how to be conscious of our underwater environment and provides you with the tools you need to make a positive impact.
Upon completion, you will receive the PADI Open Water Scuba Diver and Project AWARE Specialty certifications. To enroll in this course, you must be 10 years or older with adequate swimming skills and in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The Sin City Eco-Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Online eLearning for you to learn the basic principles of scuba diving at your own pace
- Course Orientation and confined Water dives to learn basic scuba skills in the comfort of a pool
- Open Water dives to demonstrate your skills and go diving!
Our student to instructor ratio is rarely more than 3 to 1, so you will receive a highly personalized learning experience that is tailored to your needs and pace.
As a thank you for signing up for the course, you will receive a $50 credit towards your perfectly fitting personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel, etc.). On top of the personal gear, a buoyancy control device (BCD), a regulator with computer, tanks, weights and a wetsuit are required for the course. You are able to rent this scuba gear for the entirety of the course for a one-time fee of just $60. If you are interested in your own scuba gear, stop by the shop to pick out the gear and we can help show you how to use that specific gear during your course.
To get started, register for an upcoming class and get started on your PADI eLearning right away. PADI eLearning gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an interactive computer-based learning program. Get started now!
Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with information on how to get started on your eLearning. eLearning must be completed by the first class session, so please choose a schedule that allows time for you to complete your eLearning. Class information and rescheduling information can be found in our Student Guide.
Prerequisites & Requirements
10 years or older
Able to swim; medically fit for diving
- $50 in-store credit towards personal gear
- PADI Open Water Dive eLearning
- 2-3 Educational Pool Sessions
- 2 days of diving to complete four Open Water dives with instructors
- Open Water Diver certification
- Project AWARE Specialty certification
$738 value….. All of this for just $499
What’s not included in this course?
- Scuba Gear rental: $60 one time fee for the entire course (BCD, Reg w/Computer, Tanks, Weights, Wetsuit)
- You are responsible for providing your own scuba quality personal gear. Mask, fins, snorkel, boots & clips. Snorkel gear will not work for this course. Browse the shop now to see what’s available.
*Prices subject to change without notice. For more information see our FAQs