Who should take this course?
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sound like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you.
If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Drift Diver specialty course.
What will you learn?
Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you’ll:
- Receive an introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels.
- Get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives.
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current.
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
How can you start learning now?
Pick up a PADI Drift Diver Manual and the Drift Diving video to start learning immediately. Contact us to enroll in the course.
What scuba gear will you use?
Along with your basic scuba equipment, you’ll learn to use various surface marker buoys and floats with lines and reels. Ask your PADI Instructor or local dive center staff about other equipment you may need to get the most of your drift dives.
Start soaring and earn your next certification:
- Contact us to enroll in a Drift Diver course.
- Browse our course catalog
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
- Look for scuba diving vacations to drift diving destinations.
- Two Drift dives with instructors
- Drift diver manual
- PADI Drift Diver Certification card
How do you start? Start by calling 702-336-8451
Prices subject to change without notice.