Teach skills based on internationally recognized emergency care guidelines and learn how to present course content while encouraging student self-discovery.
CPR and first aid are key skills that are important to everyone, not just scuba divers. As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you teach skills based on internationally recognized emergency care guidelines, and you can offer courses to anyone. The great thing about EFR courses is they make learning easy by providing a comfortable environment to practice emergency care skills. Your students finish the course feeling confident with their new skills and ready to help someone in need.
The only requirements are that you’re at least 18 years old and have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. An EFR Instructor rating is required to become a PADI Instructor, but you don’t have to wait until you’re ready to go pro. You can complete or refresh this training during your PADI Instructor training.
Your role as an EFR Instructor is to be a coach that creates a positive learning environment. Along with learning how to structure and organize EFR courses, you practice:
- Presenting course content.
- Encouraging self-discovery in students.
- Evaluating student understanding and skill mastery during hands-on skills practice.
- Managing effective scenario-based learning experiences.
You may be able to get college credit for the Emergency First Response Instructor course.
Stop by to pick up an EFR Instructor Start-up Kit that includes a complete set of instructional materials. Start learning immediately by completing the self-study knowledge reviews in the instructor guide. Your EFR Instructor Trainer will schedule practical sessions to complete your training.
Become an EFR Instructor:
- All Classroom sessions with instructors
- Emergency First Response Instructor Certification Card
Course Fee: $699
What’s not included:
PADI EFR Instructor Fee and dues are paid directly to PADI and not included in the course price above.
This value package includes all required instructor materials for each of the EFR courses (Primary/Secondary Care, Care for Children and CPR/AED). All materials have been updated with the 2010 ILCOR guideline changes.
The package includes:
- Instructor Guides for Primary/ Secondary Care, Care for Children, and CPR/AED (plus binder)
- Primary/ Secondary Care, Care for Children, and CPR/AED student manuals (1 per course)
- DVDs for Primary/ Secondary Care, Care for Children, and CPR/AED courses (1 per course)
- Final exams for Primary/ Secondary Care, CPR/AED and Care for Children (1 per course)
- EFR bandage pack
- EFR Care at a Glance Card (required for EFR Instructors)
Prices subject to change without notice.