Becoming a dry suit diver allows you to expand your boundaries and dive more places, more often. This suit seals you off from the water and keeps you comfortable, even in surprisingly cold water.
Want to stay warm? Want to extend your scuba diving season? Then dive dry. A dry suit seals you off from the water and keeps you comfortable, even in surprisingly cold water. There is incredible diving in the world’s cooler regions and in some areas, conditions are even better in colder months. Becoming a dry suit diver allows you to expand your boundaries and dive more places, more often.
If you’re at least 10 years old and certified as a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or higher, you can enroll in the Dry Suit Diver course.
In addition to reviewing dive safety procedures when using a dry suit, you’ll learn:
- Which dry suit style and accompanying undergarments are right for you.
- How to take care of your dry suit.
- Putting on and taking off your dry suit with minimal assistance.
- Mastering buoyancy control when using a dry suit.
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
Clearly a dry suit is necessary along with your basic scuba equipment. Your PADI Instructor or our dive center staff will explain other gear or equipment options you may need to dive comfortably with your dry suit. For example, because you’re more buoyant in a dry suit than in a wetsuit, you may want a different weight system setup.
Prerequisites & Requirements
10 years or older
PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)
- One Dry Suit Pool Session with Instructors
- Two Dry Suit dives with instructors
- Dry Suit diver manual
- PADI Dry Suit Diver Certification card
What’s not included in this course?
- Scuba Gear rental: $60 one time fee for the entire course (BCD, Reg w/Computer, Tanks, Weights, Wetsuit)
- Dry Suit Rental: $60 one time fee for the course
- You are responsible for providing your own scuba quality personal gear. Mask, fins, snorkel, boots & clips. Snorkel gear will not work for this course.
- Browse the shop now to see what’s available.