Explore deeper dive sites with confidence at depths down to 40 meters/130 ft. Learn to manage your gas supply, go over buddy contact procedures, and buoyancy control.
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 meters/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 meters/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
You may be able to get college credit for the Deep Diver course – ask your instructor.
You’ll need a dive computer along with the rest of your basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended. Your PADI Instructor may suggest other gear appropriate for local deep diving.
Prerequisites & Requirements
15 years or older
PADI Adventure Diver (or qualifying certification)
- Three Deep dives with instructors
- Deep Diver Materials
- PADI Limited Edition Project AWARE Deep Diver Certification Card – Valid for LIFE!
What’s not included in this course?
- Scuba Gear rental: $60 one time fee for the entire course (BCD, Reg w/Computer, Tanks, Weights, Wetsuit
- You are responsible for providing your own scuba quality personal gear. Mask, fins, snorkel, boots & clips. Snorkel gear will not work for this course. Browse the shop now to see what’s available.