Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid
Why Take This Course
The American Heart Association states that cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) provided by a bystander immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival. Brain death starts to occur four to six minutes after someone experiences cardiac arrest if no CPR and defibrillation occurs during that time. This course will help prepare you to handle cardiovascular events and other life-threatening incidents. Meets ILCOR/AHA 2015 Guidelines.
What You Will Learn
You will learn how to perform CPR, use an automated external defibrillator (AED) and become familiar with the signs and symptoms associated with heart attacks and respiratory arrest. Managing shock and controlling external bleeding are other skills covered that can help save lives.
You will learn about:
- Primary & Secondary Assessments
- Signs & symptoms of common medical emergencies
- Stroke Assessment
You will develop the following skills:
- Initial and secondary assessments
- Recovery position technique
- CPR techniques
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Control of external bleeding
- Bandaging, wound management and splinting
- Shock management
- Classroom Session with instructors
- Materials – eLearning
- DAN Basic Life Support: CPR & First Aid eCertification Card
Course Fee: $129
Check out our upcoming Class Schedules below!
Call for Schedule